Monday 6 September 2010

Embracing Autumn

Out in the garden this morning there was no getting away from the fact that Autumn is well and truly underway. The herbaceous border, which I'm afraid I neglected this summer, has become a tangled mess of autumnal tones. I'm sure seasoned gardeners will be shaking their heads disapprovingly but if I'm honest I quite like the chaotic combination of colours. These ones in particular reminded me of something I couldn't quite put my finger on.....








...... and then I remembered. I had bought some luscious cotton fabric from Dots n Stripes at Hobbycrafts and Creative stitches in March. It was still languishing in a pile in my workroom, just waiting for the perfect project. The pattern is bold and bright but with a subtlety that reminds me of the season. 



So with Autumn as my inspiration I have teamed it up with a rich chestnut brown tweed and will be working on two different styles of bag.


I'll keep you posted on progress but in the meantime enjoy the September sunshine.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...