Tuesday 29 March 2011

Still in the pink

It would appear that I need peace and quiet to blog and I'm afraid last week that was in short supply. Since the sun decided to make an extended appearance it seemed like the perfect opportunity to replace our front door and a window, a job that had been scheduled for some time but weather kept delaying. While our local joiners have many qualities and abilities, stealth isn't one of them.


I made a vain attempt to work outside but the pond residents were making such a racket I found it difficult to concentrate. Just in case you think I'm exaggerating you can have a look here to see what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVflYLM4DQ. I can actually hear them in the house, even with the windows and doors closed.


Our yearly pond residents, look closely

their parting gift

The majority of them have left now, their job for this year done. Peace and quiet reigns once more.

Unfortunately I haven't been quite as productive, a bit of a worry really, especially since I have my first craft fair of the year in  just over a month. However I have had another go at 'pink'. This is one of my favourite designs so I was far more comfortable making it. I have taken on board suggestions from the last pink post and have gone with a different embellishment, trading the woollen brooch for something smaller and more structured. In the meantime your feedback would be appreciated on this offering.



On another note, last week I was very fortunate to have received my first ever blog award from Hazel and Blue Thanks so much Becky, it's really appreciated


This award is for blogs with 300 followers or less, to showcase their blogs, and hopefully encourage some new readers. I now have to choose some people to pass it on to. No easy task since there are so many enjoyable, informative and entertaining blogs out there. I have decided to choose these peoples blogs, not only because they are all well worth a read, but also because I know they fit the criteria ( there are a so many more I would like to include but I don't know what their following is )




A pretty varied lot, hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

4 comments:

gtlady said...

I totally love the bag, its perfect!
As to the frogs OMG, really OMG, how many are you 'breeding?' If you close your eyes it almost sounds like a pride of lions though...I could never imagine they make so much noise!

Eryl said...

Aw thanks Linnhe!

Like you I need peace and quiet to write, I can't seem to hear what the voices in my head are saying otherwise. Same with cooking, no music in my kitchen until supper's on the table, or it will be burnt/tasteless/raw.

I wish I were brave enough to wear/carry such a glorious pink, it reminds me of ice-cream.

carole said...

I too love peace and quite, and I'm afraid those frogs would have driven me mad...how noisy were they!

The bag is really lovely btw. x

Woo Gilchrist said...

Ah thanks so much Linnhe! Sorry I am a bit behind on my blog reading at the moment!.

That is very kind of you.

I am looking forward to having more time to catch up after my fair on 9th April - phew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...