Monday 13 February 2012

Ice!

There's a lot to be said for living at the top of a hill. Its quiet, there is little chance of flooding and the view is not obstructed by ariels and satellite dishes.

However, when a layer of ice covers every surface horizontal, vertical and all 90° in between....
 ....getting down off it can prove to be a bit problematic.
 A car won't manage, no matter how many wheels are driving, if it has nothing to grip on to! 
 A bicycle would just be folly ( although the boys seemed to manage it)....
.....and my walking boots didn't come equipped with crampons.
 How about a tea tray? I could pretend it was the skeleton....
 ...then again perhaps not. Maybe I'll just stay up here until it thaws.
 Now that seems like a plan I can work with :o)

7 comments:

Flaming Nora said...

fantastic photography.
Good luck with the defrosting.

Colette said...

Stay put and craft yourself silly. Gorgeous photographs, nature is so amazing when you look at it like that - beautiful.

Ali said...

Fabulous frozen photos Linnhe....and the shepherds delight (or warning) is beautiful...
Hope you're keeping cosy indoors!!
xx Ali

Eryl said...

Gorgeous photographs, Linnhe. Hope you're nice and cosy, X

A Time for Stitching said...

I hope you're all defrosted and able to get out safely now! Despite being very beautiful the ice is treacherous and I wouldn't risk it :-)
Teresa x

Linnhe Mara said...

Thanks everyone, glad you liked the photos. Been having a bit of trouble with my eye, hence the lack of writing or crafting, but since I only need one to take a picture I've been merrily snapping away. Where theres a will......... :o)

Jenny said...

Wow...these are so beautiful..it must have been really cold where you are! Especially love the little bud frozen in time... though not sure it will agree!(does it kill them? I've no idea..I'm not very green fingered)
ps..you are exactly right about the weight quickly piling back on..about to tuck into some Haagen Dazs strawberry cheesecake ice cream..oh yeah!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...